asi_.news_header

Issue #26 - September 2020

france
uk
es

SAVE THE DATE

  • 24.09.2020 - Latvian Sommelier Contest 2020 - LINK
spacer

Editorial

Editorial

by Andrés Rosberg

Identity matters. As the Roman philosopher Seneca said, if one does not know to which port one is sailing, no wind is favorable. Our lives, our work, our attitudes are shaped not just on how we present ourselves to others, but also on how we understand ourselves. And when the weather is stormy, knowing who you are and where you …

Salud!
Andrés

spacer

ASI NEWS

ASI Big Quiz Shines Spotlight on Partners… and Prizes

Who doesn’t love a pub quiz... especially when there are prizes involved! ASI is launching a new set of weekly quizzes featuring trivia about one of the ASI Partners. To ensure that a broad swath of sommeliers worldwide can participate, the quizzes will be available in English, French and Spanish. Each quiz will feature up to 10 multiple choice questions …
Quiz square
spacer

Three questions for: Heidi Iren Hansen, MW

1_Bilde
Heidi Iren Hansen lives and works in Oslo, where she manages wine courses and educational events for The Culinary Academy of Norway. She is highly active in sommelier education and has been a member and contributor to the Board of the Norwegian Sommelier Association for many years. She originally trained as a chef before switching to the world of wine …
spacer

ASI MEMBERS NEWS

Tonkova Tops at Russia’s Female Sommelier Competition

The Russian Sommelier Association held its 5th annual Female Sommelier Competition. This event is traditionally held in one of Russia’s winemaking regions, and this time the Golubitskaya Estate in the Krasnodar region was selected as host. The pool of participants was finalized in July, with 15 sommeliers chosen from 50 candidates via an online quiz. The initial round of the …
2_20200823-IMG_1924
spacer

Taneli Lehtonen Earns ‘Best Sommelier of Finland 2020’

3_sommelier2020-Taneli Lehtonen 2
The Best Sommelier of Finland 2020 sponsored by the Wines of Germany Competition took place on 31 August at Wanha Satama in Helsinki. Taneli Lehtonen successfully claimed the title, followed by runner-up Kirsi Seppänen and Juulia Eloranta (third place). Lehtonen is no stranger to the top step of the podium, having previously won the championship in 2019, 2017 and 2016. …
spacer

ASI-PARTNER NEWS

FLEUR DE MIRAVAL, the peak of Rosé Champagne Perfection

The Jolie-Pitt and Perrin families that made Miraval a global success story are now proud to announce a bold new project: FLEUR DE MIRAVAL, the only Champagne house exclusively devoted to Rosé Champagne. This blend of Chardonnay grapes of different ages makes up 75% of the final FLEUR DE MIRAVAL blend. The remaining 25% is from young Pinot Noir grapes, …
4_Fleur de Miraval NV
spacer

Wineally

5_Wineally_partnerpost
Wineally, a consumer webapp and business system from the Swedish company Fine Wine Club International, simplifies buying wine by recommending the best available wine in the restaurants, wine shops or supermarkets. Its suggestions are based on a variety of factors, including the guest’s choice of dish and/or personal wine preferences and the best profitability for the house. In this way, …
spacer

Trapiche Named One of World’s Best Vineyards to Visit

Trapiche has been named in the top 50 of the World’s Best Vineyards 2020. The prestigious designation comes from a voting academy made up of over 500 leading wine experts, sommeliers, and travel correspondents from across the globe. The Top 50 list is published by William Reed Media. This award marks an important milestone in Trapiche’s history, recognizing its contributions …
Trapiche_WBV logo on blue 2020_1
spacer

Chef & Sommelier Perfectly Balances Consumer Demands with Profitability

NewsLASI MD
Wine by the glass is ideal for pairing food and wine, exploring new varieties and addressing the sensibilities of consumers conscious of their alcohol consumption. Professionals can sell their wine at higher prices and better manage the quantities served: a win-win combination! CHEF & SOMMELIER has a new tool for this growth market: the VIN AU VERRE, a wine glass …
spacer
ASI-Footer